We are a Cincinnati-based, developmental-behavioral Pediatrician’s office servicing kids and teens in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
What is a developmental-behavioral pediatrician?
Developmental-behavioral pediatricians are medical doctors who specialize in evaluating, counseling, and providing treatment for children, adolescents, and their families with:
- Learning disorders including dyslexia and other school-related problems
- Attention and behavioral disorders including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and associated conditions including oppositional-defiant behavior, conduct problems, depression, and anxiety disorders
- Regulatory disorders including sleep disorders, feeding problems, discipline difficulties, complicated toilet-training issues, enuresis (bedwetting), and encopresis (soiling)
- Developmental disabilities including intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders
- Delayed development in speech, language, motor skills, and thinking ability
Behavioral and menal health problems including mood disorders such as anxiety and depression
Michelle Zimmer, M.D., FAAP
“As a developmental-behavioral pediatrician, I have the training and expertise to care for your child.”
If your child has a developmental, learning, or behavioral problem, a developmental pediatrician has the training and expertise to evaluate and care for your child. We possess training and experience to consider, in our assessments and treatments, the medical and psychosocial aspects of children’s and adolescents’ developmental and behavioral problems.
My Background includes:
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at University of Arizona: 2010-2012
- Fellowship in Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University: 1998-2001
- Chief Residency in Pediatrics at Georgetown University: 1997-1998
- Residency in Pediatrics at Georgetown University: 1994-1997
- Medical School at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine: 1990-1994
- Undergraduate at Xavier University, BS Natural Sciences: 1986-1990
- Owner and Founding Physician: Tri-State Developmental Pediatrics: 2019-current
- Community Pediatrician: Queen City Physicians Trihealth: 2012-2019
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics (DDBP): 2005-2012
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics: Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Child Development Unit: 2001-2005
Contact the Office
Our office coordinator will gather some information to help determine how best to address your concerns or challenges. Whatever your situation, we're here to help.