TRI-STATE DEVELOPMENTAL PEDIATRICS was established in 2019. The office is a small and growing, multidisciplinary, Cincinnati-based, developmental-behavioral pediatrics office servicing children and teens in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Our small office feel allows for individualized care for your child’s needs.
What is a developmental-behavioral pediatrician?
Developmental-behavioral pediatricians are medical doctors who specialize in evaluating, counseling, and providing treatment for children, adolescents, and their families with:
- Attention problems, ADHD, Complex ADHD
- Learning disorders including dyslexia and other school-related problems
- Regulatory disorders including sleep disorders, feeding problems, discipline difficulties, complicated toilet-training issues, enuresis (bedwetting), and encopresis (soiling)
- Developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Delayed development in speech, language, motor skills, and thinking ability
- Behavioral problems: tantrums, anger, defiance, ODD
- Evaluation of child and teen mood disorders (anxiety and depression)
- Medication management of the above conditions, when appropriate
- Working with children over the course of childhood to understand their diagnosis, focus on their strengths and mitigate challenges.
Michelle Zimmer, MD
If your child has a developmental, learning, or behavioral problem, a developmental pediatrician has the training and expertise to evaluate and care for your child. We possess training and experience to consider, in our assessments and treatments, the medical and psychosocial aspects of children’s and adolescents’ developmental and behavioral problems.
My Background includes:
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at University of Arizona: 2010-2012
- Fellowship in Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University: 1998-2001
- Chief Residency in Pediatrics at Georgetown University: 1997-1998
- Residency in Pediatrics at Georgetown University: 1994-1997
- Medical School at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine: 1990-1994
- Undergraduate at Xavier University, BS Natural Sciences: 1986-1990
- Owner and Founding Physician: Tri-State Developmental Pediatrics: 2019-current
- Community Pediatrician: Queen City Physicians Trihealth: 2012-2019
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics (DDBP): 2005-2012
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics: Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Child Development Unit: 2001-2005
Kimberly Rotundo, MEd
Kimberly is an experienced diagnostician, educational consultant, and recent manager of the Cincinnati Children’s Reading Center. She has over 30 years experience in diagnostics, classroom teaching, and consulting with schools and parents to build effective partnerships to promote learning solutions. She will offer educational evaluations and school consultation services. Insurance accepted.
We are here to help. If you have questions about making an appointment, or whether our practice would be a good fit for your child, please submit a contact form, or call our office.